The next parent forum will be held at 9am on Tuesday, 20th March 2018.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Wallands Community Primary School. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by:
- Regular communication with parents/carers
- Ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views from parents/carers from all backgrounds and sectors of society
The forum is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Deputy/Headteacher.
- To support and promote children’s learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
The parent forum’s membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Wallands Community Primary School. Members of the Senior Leadership Team and a representative of the Governing Body also attend meetings.
Parent forum meetings are held every half term. Meetings will alternate between 9.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. to enable more parents/carers to be able to attend and will be held in the School Hall. The agenda is prepared in advance of the meeting and will be shared on the web site and in a school newsletter. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion
Minutes are taken and shared on the school web site.